This week the temperature dropped 35 degrees in one night and it’s freezing here in Chicago! I wasn’t sure it would be dramatic to experience this as a new resident since I am from Michigan, however, without a car, with the extreme wind and all the tall buildings I am definitely in for it! That being said, I am craving my workouts more and more because it gets my blood running warmer and I want to eat more warm dishes!
Last night I went to a Butt & Legs class at a studio in the Gold Coast called Sweat. It’s a really hard circuit style workout set to some fun music that gets you motivated. I felt really good afterwards and pumped myself up to make a new roasted chicken recipe!
While I walked my dog out to the dog park and then grabbed a quick shower, I put the chicken breasts in a bowl (you could also use a plastic gallon bag, but I try not to waste them) to marinate. I tacked on additional marinating time to this because I needed to prep my veggies and potatoes before putting them in the oven.
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Two-Three Dashes of Turmeric
- Two-Three Dashes of Cayenne*
- Two-Three Dashes of Garlic
- 3-4 Tablespoons of Honey
- 3 Spoon Scoops of Dijon Mustard*
- Two Dashes of Basil
*If you don’t love spicy foods as much, you could cut back or eliminate the Cayenne and reduce the amount of Dijon Mustard (maybe substitute some for yellow mustard).
Marinate the chicken for 30-40 minutes, or overnight if you think of prepping the night before!
- Cut Up One Sweet Potato
- Cut Up Half a Bag of Cherry Tomatoes
- Slice Up Half a Bag of Colorful Roasting Carrots
- Drizzle Olive Oil Over
- Sprinkle All with Sea Salt and Cracked Pepper
Cooking Time: ~20 Minutes
- Preheat Oven on Roast to 400 Degrees
- Place Cooking Sheet in Oven
- After Ten Minutes, Pull Out and Mix Potatoes/Veggies Around
- Place Back For 10 More Minutes
- Serve Hot!
One sheet cooking is a personal favorite because clean up time is so minimal! Have a great day 🙂 .